Friday, September 16, 2011

Bad, Worse, Oh Dear

As an homage to the wonderful talk by Elder Dallin H. Oakes entitled, "Good, Better, Best", I would like to offer the antithesis of choices that are "Bad, Worse, Oh Dear.".

Good, Better, Best
*Cleaning your kitchen on a regular, post-meal basis
Bad, Worse, Oh Dear.
*Finding the source to the smell in your house is a 5-day old pot of garlic mashed potatoes hiding behind a bag on your kitchen counter.

Good, Better, Best
*Regularly exercising and enjoying a healthy, strong body free of aches and pains
Bad, Worse, Oh Dear.
*Thinking you have a bladder infection for 6 weeks because your pelvic floor muscles are in spasm from a ri-Dic-u-lously weak core.  What's that you say?  Awesome?  Yes, awesome indeed.

Good, Better, Best
*While nursing, spending time on iPhone reading scriptures, catching up on the news or e-mailing a friend you have been thinking of
Bad, Worse, Oh Dear.
*While nursing, spending an inordinate amount of time on Facebook wishing more of your friends actually updated their statuses, while hiding those who update too often with LAME updates

Good, Better, Best
*Doing your taxes in tax season
Bad, Worse, Oh Dear.
*Having to wait 8 weeks for your income tax return because NO ONE works at the tax centre from Sept. - Dec.  I know this because I have done this for the past 4 years, and yet... still haven't done my taxes.  

Good, Better, Best
*Going to bed early, with a clean face and teeth; feeling good about the day and happy for tomorrow
Bad, Worse, Oh Dear.
*None of the above and having to drink 6 diet coke's the next day because you stayed up too late catching up on Bachelor Pad.  (seriously, Bachelor Pad???  That alone could be it's own individual bullet for Bad, Worse, Oh Dear.)

I am currently really trying hard to move from my existing state and all I can say is *groan*.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it!

missLaura said...

good for you for moving from one to the other. You are so funny. I'm glad you heard me read this post because that was my actual reaction, my comments are always lame. Have you hidden me on FB?

b.liz said...

Haha! Wasting-time-while-nursing...guilty! Have you discovered pinterest.com? Don't!

So, you can hide people on FB? Wow, i need a tutorial!

The Samples Sampler said...

I hope I'm not one of people on facebook with the lame status updates! I will try to do better, just for you!

akathemom said...

I hear ya. I think lots of people can relate!

noelle said...

Hehehe, I love your posts! Hope all is well!!

Karen said...

so funny!! you crack me up!

The Coopers said...

okay that made my day, you are so funny!

And yes I have been known to stay up too late watching bachelor pad too and drinking 6 diet cokes.. haha i know i know.